End of term: July 2020 and start of the New school year: September 2020
Thank you all for your support over the last few months. As Headteacher I am very proud of how you, your children and our staff have continued to learn in so many different ways and to be so positive in such strange times.
We are now about to start the last week of this school year, and sadly it is not going to be how we would have wanted it. However, you will be glad to know that we are making excellent plans for every child’s return in September.
Your children are amazing, they are very resilient and I am sure that they will be very excited to return to school. We hope that the Government’s guidance will allow us to offer all of the opportunities and experiences that will enable us to support your children’s return after such a long time at home.
In September 2020:
- Year 5 and Year 6 children will be returning to school on Monday 07.09.20; Year 4 children will be returning on Tuesday 08.09.20 – all children must be in school by Wednesday 09.09.20. (You will receive more information about this at the start of the new school year in September.)
- You will be pleased to know that for the first two weeks of the new school year we will be focusing on your children’s wellbeing, ensuring that everyone has a chance to see each other and talk about what has happened.
- For children moving to Year 3 from Altmore, transition visits with Year 2 and new Year 3 teachers will be taking place during the first week of term and they will join Lathom School from Thursday 10.09.20.
- At lunchtime, all children must stay in school to eat their packed lunch, which will be provided by school. Only children with exceptional medical/dietary needs will be permitted to bring food from home. (Children will not be allowed to go home for lunch.)
- Just as we are doing now, we will need to continue to be mindful of social distancing rules.
- We will ask you to collect your child should they become unwell, so please be available to collect them promptly.
- It would also be very helpful to know if your family has suffered any bereavement or trauma during this time, we will do everything that we can to support your child in school.
- Please refer to Government Guidelines and the school website for further information.
- Please note the last day of term for children is Tuesday 14.07.20
As always if you have any specific concerns or worries please contact us.
Keep safe and well,