School opening update week beginning 01.06.20
Please see the letter to all parents below
Following the government’s recent announcement to re-open schools to more children, we have been very busy making the necessary plans to ensure that our school is safe for our children, families and staff.
Guidance has been issued to all schools from the Department of Education (DfE) which we have been following. Our Risk Assessment will indicate if it is safe for more children to come back to school.
Newham Council has clearly said that schools should only re-open for more children if it is safe to do so, and with this in mind, on Monday 1st June, school will continue to be open only for vulnerable children and those children of key workers. For all other children at our school – nothing is changing. Children will continue to access their online learning in their Google Classroom, and or, the paper/workbook learning that teachers have made.
Newham Council has also indicated that parents must decide if they wish to send their children back to school, and as Headteacher, I totally support this.
To reassure everyone, we are following DfE guidance and the following precautions are being put in place:
- Children will be in smaller groups
- They may be with another member of staff (who is not their regular teacher)
- Start and end times will be staggered
- Parents will be asked to leave and collect their child(ren) from a designated gate
- Parents will be expected to follow social distancing rules, i.e. keeping 2 metres apart from other parents
- Breaktimes will be staggered
- There will be increased robust cleaning every day
- Increased hand washing and hand hygiene throughout the day
We want to thank everyone for your continuous support in helping your children learn at home – you have all been AMAZING! As soon as we have any more news/updates regarding school opening to more children we will let you know.
If you have any concerns or queries, please let a member of staff know and they will make sure that you receive a response as quickly as possible.
Keep safe and well,