Remote Learning Packs
As a school we will provide your child with a ‘Remote Learning Pack’ if your child has to isolate for 10-14 days due to:
- Having COVID-19 symptoms or a confirmed case of COVID-19
- A family member (who lives with the child) having COVID-19 symptoms or a confirmed case of COVID-19
- You are returning from a country that requires you to quarantine for 14 days
Our Remote Learning Pack will include the following work which links to children's current learning in school:
- English activities including handwriting and spelling work
- Maths activities
- Foundation activities
- Virtual PE lessons
- PSHCE activities
Whole School Remote Learning in the event of an extended school closure/bubble closure:
The school will provide continuity of education in the following ways:
- Regular direct instruction from teachers, with the ability of children and parents to ask questions online. The online platform the school will use to deliver continuity of education is Google Classroom.
- Teachers will make use of a range of online websites including ‘Oak Academy’, ‘White Rose’ and ‘BBC Bitesize’.
- Teachers will deliver lessons in a variety of ways, some lessons will be live and interactive via zoom while others may be pre recorded video lessons or audio lessons. Google classroom provides opportunities for live expectation of teachers to carry out 'live' sessions.
- Children will be provided with instructions on how to complete the work and teachers will be able to respond.
- Children will record their work in Google sheets and other google applications as well as videos, audio files or pictures.
- For those children who do not have access to the online platform, or who cannot access the work, paper packs will be provided.
We realise that the circumstances that cause our school to close will affect families in a number of different ways. A need to adopt an understanding and willingness to adapt to these difficulties on all sides is essential.
In our planning and expectations, we will take into consideration and be aware of the need for flexibility at all times as a result of:
- Parents trying to work from home so access to technology as a family may be limited.
- Parents who have two or more children trying to access technology.
- Teachers who may be trying to manage their home situation and the learning of their own children.
- Technological issues which means that systems may not always function as they should.There are lots of other educational websites offering free home learning packs and activities for children to enjoy.
Several educational websites are offering free home learning packs and activities for children.
Some home learning packs are available below.